Sunday, August 26, 2012

Watermelon Ruffian Mani

So I've been wanting to try the Ruffian manicure recently and thought it would be absolutely perfect to do it as a watermelon!! First I did my base coat, then two coats of Wet N Wild Wild Shine #454D (hot pink) and waited for it to completely dry (I'm talking next day dry). Then I took hole reinforcers and put them against the back of my nail, leaving some space, as this is going to be the green rind. (I used NYC #298 High Line Green and two coats of it.) Then I took a toothpick and black nail polish (preferably a quick-drying one like Wet N Wild Fast Dry #229C Ebony Hates Chris, so it doesn't run when you put a topcoat over it) and made three little "seeds."

 
Duh I forgot to take a picture of the hole reinforcer on my watermelon nails, but this is how to place it.

No comments:

Post a Comment