Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hunger Games Mani

Happy Hunger Games! So I haven't read the books (I'm thinking about it), but I'm super excited for the movie to come out tomorrow! For this mani I used OPI Cajun Shrimp. Make sure it's super, super dry before doing the next steps! (Like a couple of hours, at least.)  Okay so then I printed out the mockingjay icon and printed it out on a laser jet printer (the size of it was .38 in x .4 in). Then I cut it out and got rid of as much excess paper as possible, laid it on my nail, and used a paper towel with rubbing alcohol on it. Rub the paper towel on the cutout for like two minutes and press down hard to make sure the image transfers (why the nail needs to be completely dry). Remove the paper. Now, it most likely won't be a solid image, (mine wasn't) so what I did next was used a tiny paintbrush and black acrylic paint to go over the image and define it. Top coat to top it off and you're done!





*I had the little strip of holo stickers at the tip of my nail from the day before and just left it on (not that I would know how to easily take it off). The strips are from Sally Beauty Supplies and you can get them here.
**Oh! Also another little note: I was stupid. I should've flipped the image on the computer so that it would turn out correctly, so I would suggest doing that.
***Another stupid move: I could gone over it twice to make it really solid, but in real life you can't really see the unsolidness.

No comments:

Post a Comment